viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012

Mad Men’s Jon Hamm Acts Like A Wimp After Slagging Kim Kardashian

Remember Jon Hamm calling Kim Kardashian names? He basically said that she, along with Paris Hilton, was stupid. She didn't like it and took to Twitter to underline how successful she is and everyone only ended up thinking of Christina Hendricks' boobs anyway.

Either way, Mad Men's Hamm (that sounds rude) is now slowly backing away from his comments because he's clearly realised he's got a new season of the show to promote and doesn't want to alienate anyone.

Like a massive wimp.

Talking to Elle (whoa! There's a hard-hitting publication if ever there was one!), Hamm originally said:

"Whether it's Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated. Being a fucking idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you're rewarded significantly."

Also receiving significant reward is acting like a pious snob, clearly?

Either way, Hamm is now on a mission to clarify his position and say that he wasn't actually trying to be mean about Kim Kardashian, rather, making a broader commentary.

"I think that my quote was a little bit misunderstood. I think that she's — I've never met her. I would never say anything personal about anyone that I have not met."

"My quote was simply about that version of television and that version of American culture being celebrated and it's not something that I particularly enjoy. But the quote was obviously taken out of context and you know, there you go."

"I don't know Ms. Kardashian, I know her public persona. What I said was meant to be more on pervasiveness of something in our culture, not personal, but she took offense to it and that is her right."

Jon Hamm there, creating controversy and courting in a bid to promote a product and then backing away from it in the hope that everyone will forget about it.

Just like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian then.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario