martes, 24 de enero de 2012

Fancy Joining Us in San Diego? – Think Tank 2010

THINKTAN

Last year I travelled loads and did more conferences than I care to remember (I was out of the country for over 3 months in total). This year, I've been a lot more choosy about which which events I've attended based on the benefit (and enjoyment) I'd get from them.

So far I've done both Think Visibilities, Dom sure knows how to organise awesome events (Jason wrote a cool review about it here, I should do the same but I'll outsource his instead). And in the summer my daughter and I went to the Existem AM Summer BBQ.

Out of these 3 events I didn't attend a single complete session! The reason for this is I use events and conferences to network, form relationships and learn and share knowledge with like minded people (your learn a lot more from folk in the after hours than you ever will in a conference session).

So the reason for this post is that next event I'm off to (and likely my last one of the year), is Think Tank in Del Mar, San Diego. This is, and will be my third Think Tank, which I hope shows how important I feel it is. Cost of entry is high at $3,000 for 3 days but every attendee I've known has made that back and often many fold over.

I've chatted with Doctor David Klein (aka DK) who organises it and we both feel it would benefit from more than one Brit in attendance (I get lonely and home sick), so even tho it's sold out (think it sold out in the first week it was announced) a few more folk from this side of the pond are welcome. DK has offered an amazing discount to compensate for the cost of having to travel across the pond (he's asked me not to say how much it is publicly but it's awesome).

This is an invitation only event so you will need to know me either on or offline as I'll have to vouch for you. I'm gaining nothing out of promoting this other than hopefully having a fellow countryman to share an awesome experience with. Leave a comment below or drop me a message if interested and I'll do the introductions.

I could explain what Think Tank is all about but if you're serious about it I'm sure Google will do a better job :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario