viernes, 17 de febrero de 2012

Chris Brown: Still The Victim In This ‘Beating Rihanna Up’ Case

The media build you up and knock you down. That's always been the case. The relationship between the star and the press is symbiotic. One dies, so does the other. And so, sometimes, the media demands an answer from a celebrity. Look at Chris Brown for example.

See, as you are more than aware of, Brown assaulted Rihanna is a vile, vile manner. People were outraged then… well… they completely forgot all about it for the most part.

One Grammy win later, everyone remembered that he's a grade A swine! People vented their fury online and the media stomped their feet. Chris Brown all the while, puffed out his chest and gave a big F.U. And now, he's staring everyone down saying that he's "not going anywhere." And here's the problem with that.

Chris Brown is making an awful situation worse. The last time someone asked him about beating Rihanna up, he tore off his shirt and tried to throw a chair through the window of a Good Morning America studio.

That doesn't give the impression that he's stopped being violent does it?

Yet, even with that, people just want to know that Brown is aware of what he's done is wrong. It's quite simple really. People may not forget, but they may move on if he said 'What I did was wrong. What I did to Rihanna was despicable and I'm sorry. I'm trying to work it all out myself and I'm getting the help I need to fix this problem. I may have angry outbursts still, but sadly, there's no magic cure for this. I'm grateful that I've been afforded a second chance by my family, my record company and most importantly, Rihanna herself. I hope you can do the same.'

Hokey as hell, but it goes some way to explaining why he's still here. Alas, this is his current stance:

"DEAR MEDIA.. Ur plan is not working. I'm not going anywhere so get used to me."

Breezy deleted that message, just like he deleted a previous missive which read:

"HATE ALL U WANT BECUZ I GOT A GRAMMY. Now! That's the ultimate F*** OFF."

That's Chris Brown there, steadfastly refusing to apologise to the people who once lined his pockets with album sales. Not haters, rather, people who no longer want to be associated with someone who can't see why everyone is still ticked off with him.

This story is going to run and run, mainly because Chris Brown is so unswervingly dimwitted, he can't possibly see what he's done wrong in all of this. If he can, he sure as hell isn't letting on, meaning that he's thrilling in the notoriety of being a bad-boy girl-beater with a ton of record sales, effectively promoting his actions.

Murky.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario